NAME¶gss_display_name - API function
OM_uint32 gss_display_name(OM_uint32 * minor_status, const gss_name_t input_name, gss_buffer_t output_name_buffer, gss_OID * output_name_type);
- OM_uint32 * minor_status
- (Integer, modify) Mechanism specific status code.
- const gss_name_t input_name
- (gss_name_t, read) Name to be displayed.
- gss_buffer_t output_name_buffer
- (buffer, character-string, modify) Buffer to receive textual name string. The application must free storage associated with this name after use with a call to gss_release_buffer().
- gss_OID * output_name_type
- (Object ID, modify, optional) The type of the returned name. The returned gss_OID will be a pointer into static storage, and should be treated as read-only by the caller (in particular, the application should not attempt to free it). Specify NULL if not required.
DESCRIPTION¶Allows an application to obtain a textual representation of an opaque internal-form name for display purposes. The syntax of a printable name is defined by the GSS-API implementation.
If input_name denotes an anonymous principal, the implementation should return the gss_OID value GSS_C_NT_ANONYMOUS as the output_name_type, and a textual name that is syntactically distinct from all valid supported printable names in output_name_buffer.
If input_name was created by a call to gss_import_name, specifying GSS_C_NO_OID as the name-type, implementations that employ lazy conversion between name types may return GSS_C_NO_OID via the output_name_type parameter.
RETURN VALUE¶`GSS_S_COMPLETE`: Successful completion.
`GSS_S_BAD_NAME`: input_name was ill-formed.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs to <email@example.com>. GNU Generic Security Service home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gss/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 2003-2013 Simon Josefsson.
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved.
SEE ALSO¶The full documentation for gss is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gss programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info gss
should give you access to the complete manual.