NAME¶GROK-DUMB-PULL - Update git repositories not managed by grokmirror
DESCRIPTION¶This is a satellite utility that updates repositories not exported via grokmirror manifest. You will need to manually clone these repositories using "git clone --mirror" and then define a cronjob to update them as frequently as you require. Grok-dumb-pull will bluntly execute "git remote update" in each of them.
- show program's version number and exit
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- -v, --verbose
- Be verbose and tell us what you are doing
- -s, --svn
- The remotes for these repositories are Subversion
- -r REMOTES, --remote-names=REMOTES
- Only fetch remotes matching this name (accepts globbing, can be passed multiple times)
- -u POSTHOOK, --post-update-hook=POSTHOOK
- Run this hook after each repository is updated. Passes full path to the repository as the sole argument.
- -l LOGFILE, --logfile=LOGFILE
- Put debug logs into this file
EXAMPLES¶The following will update all bare git repositories found in /path/to/repos hourly, and /path/to/special/repo.git daily, fetching only the "github" remote:
MAILTO=root # Update all repositories found in /path/to/repos hourly 0 * * * * mirror /usr/bin/grok-dumb-pull /path/to/repos # Update /path/to/special/repo.git daily, fetching "github" remote 0 0 * * * mirror /usr/bin/grok-dumb-pull -r github /path/to/special/repo.git
Make sure the user "mirror" (or whichever user you specified) is able to write to the repos specified.
SUPPORT¶Please send support requests to the mailing list:
COPYRIGHT¶The Linux Foundation and contributors