|fai-monitor(8)||System Manager's Manual||fai-monitor(8)|
fai-monitor - fai monitor daemon
fai-monitor receives messages from all install clients on port 4711 and prints them to stdout.
- -p port
- Define port to listen on. Default is port 4711.
- Call fai-chboot for the install client if the task install was finished properly. Default is not to call fai-chboot.
- Use IP address of connecting host when calling fai-chboot. This can only be used if the host has the same IP while installing as when running.
- -l FILE
- Logfile. Default is standard out in non-daemon mode and "/var/log/fai-monitor.log" in daemon mode.
- -t TIMEOUT
- Timeout for bad clients. 0 to disable.
- Daemon mode.
- -P FILE
- PID-file. Default is "/var/run/fai-monitor.pid". Used only if starting in daemon mode.
- Print timestamps in the log.
- -f FORMAT
- Use strftime(FORMAT) for timestamp formatting.
- Use gmtime/UTC instead of local time.
Normally, the output will be piped to fai-monitor-gui, a GUI which displays all information.
fai-monitor reads variables from /var/log/fai/variables (key=value pair format) and replies to request from clients if they have the format: VARIABLE <VARNAME>. For e.g. if the clients sends "VARIABLE FAI_VERSION", fai-monitor will reply with OK and the value of this variable (e.g. "OK 4.5.6") if this variable is defined, otherwise it will reply with UNKNOWN and repeats the VARNAME (e.g. "UNKNOWN FAI_VERSION").
This program is part of FAI (Fully Automatic Installation). See the FAI manual for more information on how to use fai-monitor. The FAI homepage is https://fai-project.org.
Thomas Lange <email@example.com>
|September 2015||FAI 5|