deb-prerm - package pre-removal maintainer script
A package can perform several pre-removal actions via maintainer scripts, by including an executable prerm file in its control archive (i.e. DEBIAN/prerm during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- prerm remove
- Before the package is removed.
- old-prerm upgrade new-version
- Before an upgrade.
- new-prerm failed-upgrade old-version new-version
- If the above upgrade fails.
The new-version is passed only since dpkg 1.18.5.
- prerm deconfigure in-favour new-package new-version
- [ removing old-package old-version ]
- Before package is deconfigured while dependency is replaced due to conflict.
- prerm remove in-favour new-package new-version
- Before the package is replaced due to conflict.