|KISSUTIL(1)||General Commands Manual||KISSUTIL(1)|
kissutil - KISS TNC troubleshooting and Application Interface.
kissutil [ options ]
kissutil can be used interactively for troubleshooting a KISS TNC. It is usable with direwolf and other generic KISS TNCs connected to a serial port. It can also be used as an application interface where each side places files in a directory for the other to process. See User Guide for more details.
- -h host
- Hostname or IP address for a TCP KISS TNC. Default is localhost.
- -p port
- A number may be specified for a TCP port other than the default 8001. If not a number, it is considered to be a serial port name such as /dev/ttyS0 or COM3.
- -s speed
- Speed for serial port. e.g. 9600.
- -o rec-directory
- For each received frame, a new file is created here. It is expected that some other application will process files in this directory then delete them.
- -T format
- Each received frame will be preceded by a timestamp in the specified format. See strftime documentation for a description of the format string. Example: %H:%M:%S for current time in hours, minutes, seconds.
- -f xmit-directory
- Files in this directory are transmited and deleted. Another application places a file here when it wants something to be transmitted.
- Verbose - Display the KISS frames going to and from the TNC.
More detailed information is in the PDF files at https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf/tree/master/doc/.
Applications in this package: aclients, atest, decode_aprs, direwolf, gen_packets, kissutil, ll2utm, log2gpx, text2tt, tt2text, utm2ll