snmp.conf - snmp configuration file for cups (deprecated)
The snmp.conf file configures how the standard CUPS network backends
(http, https, ipp, ipps, lpd, snmp, and socket) access printer information
using SNMPv1 and is normally located in the /etc/cups directory. Each
line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment.
Comment lines start with the # character.
The Community and DebugLevel directives are used by all backends.
The remainder apply only to the SNMP backend - cups-snmp(8).
The following directives are understood by the CUPS network backends:
- Address @IF(name)
- Address @LOCAL
- Address address
- Sends SNMP broadcast queries (for discovery) to the specified address(es).
There is no default for the broadcast address.
- Community name
- Specifies the community name to use. Only a single community name may be
specified. The default community name is "public". If no name is
specified, all SNMP functions are disabled.
- DebugLevel number
- Specifies the logging level from 0 (none) to 3 (everything). Typically
only used for debugging (thus the name). The default debug level is
- DeviceURI "regular expression"
device-uri [... device-uri]
- Specifies one or more device URIs that should be used for a given make and
model string. The regular expression is used to match the detected make
and model, and the device URI strings must be of the form
"scheme://%s[:port]/[path]", where "%s" represents the
detected address or hostname. There are no default device URI matching
- HostNameLookups on
- HostNameLookups off
- Specifies whether the addresses of printers should be converted to
hostnames or left as numeric IP addresses. The default is
- MaxRunTime seconds
- Specifies the maximum number of seconds that the SNMP backend will scan
the network for printers. The default is 120 seconds (2 minutes).
CUPS backends are deprecated and will no longer be supported in a future feature
release of CUPS. Printers that do not support IPP can be supported using
applications such as ippeveprinter(1).
Copyright © 2007-2019 by Apple Inc.