collectd-tg - Traffic generator for collectd.
collectd-tg -n num_vl -H num_hosts -p
num_plugins -i interval -d dest -D
generates bogus collectd
network traffic. While host,
plugin and values are generated randomly, the generated traffic tries to mimic
"real" traffic as closely as possible.
ARGUMENTS AND OPTIONS¶
The following options are understood by collectd-tg
. The order of the
arguments generally doesn't matter, as long as no argument is passed more than
- -n num_vl
- Sets the number of unique value lists (VL) to generate. Defaults to
- -H num_hosts
- Sets the number of unique hosts to simulate. Defaults to 1000.
- -p num_plugins
- Sets the number of unique plugins to simulate. Defaults to 20.
- -i interval
- Sets the interval in which each value list is dispatched. Defaults
to 10.0 seconds.
- -d dest
- Sets the destination to which to send the generated network traffic.
Defaults to the IPv6 multicast address, "ff18::efc0:4a42".
- -D dport
- Sets the destination port or service to which to send the generated
network traffic. Defaults to collectd's default port, 25826.
- Print usage summary.
Florian Forster <octo at collectd.org>