NAME¶ceph-mds - ceph metadata server daemon
ceph-mds -i name [ --hot-standby [rank] ]
DESCRIPTION¶ceph-mds is the metadata server daemon for the Ceph distributed file system. One or more instances of ceph-mds collectively manage the file system namespace, coordinating access to the shared OSD cluster.
Each ceph-mds daemon instance should have a unique name. The name is used to identify daemon instances in the ceph.conf.
Once the daemon has started, the monitor cluster will normally assign it a logical rank, or put it in a standby pool to take over for another daemon that crashes. Some of the specified options can cause other behaviors.
If you specify hot-standby, you must either specify the rank on the command line, or specify one of the mds_standby_for_[rank|name] parameters in the config. The command line specification overrides the config, and specifying the rank overrides specifying the name.
- -f, --foreground
- Foreground: do not daemonize after startup (run in foreground). Do not generate a pid file. Useful when run via ceph-run(8).
- Debug mode: like -f, but also send all log output to stderr.
- --setuser userorgid
- Set uid after starting. If a username is specified, the user record is looked up to get a uid and a gid, and the gid is also set as well, unless --setgroup is also specified.
- --setgroup grouporgid
- Set gid after starting. If a group name is specified the group record is looked up to get a gid.
- -c ceph.conf, --conf=ceph.conf
- Use ceph.conf configuration file instead of the default /etc/ceph/ceph.conf to determine monitor addresses during startup.
- -m monaddress[:port]
- Connect to specified monitor (instead of looking through ceph.conf).
- --hot-standby <rank>
- Start as a hot standby for MDS <rank>.
AVAILABILITY¶ceph-mds is part of Ceph, a massively scalable, open-source, distributed storage system. Please refer to the Ceph documentation at http://ceph.com/docs for more information.
SEE ALSO¶ceph(8), ceph-mon(8), ceph-osd(8)
COPYRIGHT¶2010-2019, Inktank Storage, Inc. and contributors. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 (CC-BY-SA-3.0)
|August 29, 2019||dev|