ssmtp configuration file
reads configuration data from
The file contains
keyword-argument pairs, one per line. Lines starting with
’ and empty lines are interpreted as
The possible keywords and their meanings are as follows (both are
- The user that gets all mail for userids less than 1000. If blank, address
rewriting is disabled.
- The host to send mail to, in the form host
port | IP_addr port
: port]. The
default port is 25.
- The domain from which mail seems to come. for user authentication.
- The full qualified name of the host. If not specified, the host is queried
for its hostname.
- Specifies whether the From header of an email, if any, may override the
default domain. The default is “no”.
- Specifies whether ssmtp uses TLS to talk to the SMTP server. The default
- Specifies whether ssmtp does a EHLO/STARTTLS before starting SSL
negotiation. See RFC 2487.
- The file name of an RSA certificate to use for TLS, if required.
- The user name to use for SMTP AUTH. The default is blank, in which case
SMTP AUTH is not used. sent without
- The password to use for SMTP AUTH.
- The authorization method to use. If unset, plain text is used. May also be
set to “cram-md5”.
- Contains configuration data for
Matt Ryan (email@example.com), Hugo Haas (firstname.lastname@example.org), Christoph Lameter
(email@example.com) and Dave Collier-Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org). Reuben
Thomas (email@example.com) wrote the man page.