ssmtp configuration file
reads configuration data from
The file contains
keyword-argument pairs, one per line. Lines starting with
’ and empty lines are interpreted as
The possible keywords and their meanings are as follows (both are
- The user that gets all mail for userids less than 1000. If
blank, address rewriting is disabled.
- The host to send mail to, in the form
host port |
IP_addr port [:
port]. The default port is
- The domain from which mail seems to come. for user
- The full qualified name of the host. If not specified, the
host is queried for its hostname.
- Specifies whether the From header of an email, if any, may
override the default domain. The default is “no”.
- Specifies whether ssmtp uses TLS to talk to the SMTP
server. The default is “no”.
- Specifies whether ssmtp does a EHLO/STARTTLS before
starting SSL negotiation. See RFC 2487.
- The file name of an RSA certificate to use for TLS, if
- The user name to use for SMTP AUTH. The default is blank,
in which case SMTP AUTH is not used. sent without
- The password to use for SMTP AUTH.
- The authorization method to use. If unset, plain text is
used. May also be set to “cram-md5”.
- Contains configuration data for
Matt Ryan (email@example.com), Hugo Haas (firstname.lastname@example.org), Christoph Lameter
(email@example.com) and Dave Collier-Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org). Reuben
Thomas (email@example.com) wrote the man page.