Scroll to navigation
sendmail - sendmail emulator interface for nullmailer
sendmail [ flags ] [ recipients ] < message
This program is a front end program for nullmailer-inject. It is used by
programs that expect a sendmail interface for sending email. After
parsing the command-line arguments, this program executes
nullmailer-inject directly, unless the -bs option is specified
in which case this program executes nullmailer-smtpd to inject the
mail. See the documentation for nullmailer-inject for details on how
messages are reformatted and queued.
- -B TYPE
- -C FILE
- -d DEBUG
- -h COUNT
- -L TAG
- -N DSN
- -O OPTION
- -o OPTION
- -p PROTOCOL
- -q TIME
- -R RETURN
- -V ENVID
- -X LOGFILE
- Ignored for compatibility
- Read mail from standard input (default).
- List information about mail queue. This executes mailq.
- Use the SMTP protocol on standard input and standard output. This executes
- -F ADDRESS
- Sets the full name of the sender.
- -f ADDRESS
- Sets the envelope sender address.
- -r ADDRESS
- An alternate and obsolete form of the -f flag.
- Read message for recipients and ignore the command-line arguments.