openssl-pkeyparam, pkeyparam - public key algorithm parameter processing tool
openssl pkeyparam [-help] [-in filename] [-out
filename] [-text] [-noout] [-engine id]
The pkey command processes public or private keys. They can be converted
between various forms and their components printed out.
- Print out a usage message.
- -in filename
- This specifies the input filename to read parameters from or standard
input if this option is not specified.
- -out filename
- This specifies the output filename to write parameters to or standard
output if this option is not specified.
- prints out the parameters in plain text in addition to the encoded
- do not output the encoded version of the parameters.
- -engine id
- specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause
pkeyparam to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the
specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be
set as the default for all available algorithms.
Print out text version of parameters:
openssl pkeyparam -in param.pem -text
There are no -inform or -outform options for this command because
only PEM format is supported because the key type is determined by the PEM
Copyright 2006-2016 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You
may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain
a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at