mcview - Internal file viewer of GNU Midnight Commander.
mcview is a link to mc
, the main GNU Midnight Commander executable.
Executing GNU Midnight Commander under this name requests staring the internal
viewer and opening the file
specified on the command line.
- Force black and white display.
- Force color mode on terminals where mcview defaults
to black and white.
- Specify a different color set. See the Colors
section in mc(1) for more information.
- Disable mouse support.
- Display the compiled-in search paths for Midnight Commander
- Used only if the code was compiled with S-Lang and
terminfo: it makes Midnight Commander use the value of the TERMCAP
variable for the terminal information instead of the information on the
system wide terminal database
- Displays the version of the program.
- Forces xterm mode. Used when running on xterm-capable
terminals (two screen modes, and able to send mouse escape
The default colors may be changed by appending to the MC_COLOR_TABLE
environment variable. Foreground and background colors pairs may be specified
for example with:
- The help file for the program.
- The default system-wide setup for GNU Midnight Commander,
used only if the user's own ~/.config/mc/ini file is missing.
- Global settings for Midnight Commander. Settings in this
file affect all users, whether they have ~/.config/mc/ini or not.
- User's own setup. If this file is present, the setup is
loaded from here instead of the system-wide startup file.
This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation. See the built-in help of Midnight
Commander for details on the License and the lack of warranty.
The latest version of this program can be found at
Bugs should be reported to http://www.midnight-commander.org/.