NAME¶osmcoastline_segments - analyze OpenStreetMap coastline changes from segment files
SYNOPSIS¶osmcoastline_segments [OPTIONS] SEGMENT-FILE1 SEGMENT-FILE2
DESCRIPTION¶The osmcoastline program can write out all segments of the coastline into a file (when started with the -S, --write-segments=FILE option). This program can be used to compare two of those segment files in various ways to detect coastline changes between different runs of the osmcoastline program.
- -h, --help
- Display usage information.
- -d, --dump
- Dump segment list to stdout in plain text format.
- -g, --geom=FILENAME
- Write segments to geometry file or database using OGR.
- -f, --format=FORMAT
- OGR format for writing out geometries.
- -V, --version
- Display program version and license information.
DIAGNOSTICS¶osmcoastline_segments exits with exit code
- if the segment files are the same
- if the segment files are different
- if there was a fatal error when running the program
- if there was a problem with the command line arguments.
EXAMPLES¶Just return 0 or 1 depending on whether the segments are the same in both files:
osmcoastline_segments old.segments new.segments
Dump the list of removed and added segments to stdout:
osmcoastline_segments --dump old.segments new.segments
Create a shapefile with the differences:
osmcoastline_segments --geom=diff.shp old.segments new.segments
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2012-2019 Jochen Topf <email@example.com>. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
CONTACT¶If you have any questions or want to report a bug, please go to https://osmcode.org/contact.html
AUTHORS¶Jochen Topf <firstname.lastname@example.org>.