create a new name for a file
This links a new name in the specified directory to an existing file.
Its arguments are:
- The vnode of the directory.
- The vnode of the file to be linked.
- Pathname information about the file.
The pathname info should not
be released on exit
because it is done by the caller. The directory and file vnodes should
be released on exit.
() expects the directory and file
vnodes to be locked on entry and will leave the vnodes locked on return.
Zero is returned if the file was linked successfully, otherwise an error is
- The file has too many links.
- The file is immutable.
- A hard link is not possible between different file systems.
This manual page was originally written by Doug