|MOUNT.ZFS(8)||System Manager's Manual||MOUNT.ZFS(8)|
NAME¶mount.zfs - mount a ZFS filesystem
SYNOPSIS¶mount.zfs [-sfnvh] [-o options] dataset mountpoint
DESCRIPTION¶mount.zfs is part of the zfsutils package for Linux. It is a helper program that is usually invoked by the mount(8) or zfs(8) commands to mount a ZFS dataset.
All options are handled according to the FILESYSTEM INDEPENDENT MOUNT OPTIONS section in the mount(8) manual, except for those described below.
The dataset parameter is a ZFS filesystem name, as output by the zfs list -H -o name command. This parameter never has a leading slash character and is not a device name.
The mountpoint parameter is the path name of a directory.
- Ignore bad or sloppy mount options.
- Do a fake mount; do not perform the mount operation.
- Do not update the /etc/mtab file.
- Increase verbosity.
- Print the usage message.
- -o context
- This flag sets the SELinux context for all files in the filesystem under that mountpoint.
- -o fscontext
- This flag sets the SELinux context for the filesystem being mounted.
- -o defcontext
- This flag sets the SELinux context for unlabeled files.
- -o rootcontext
- This flag sets the SELinux context for the root inode of the filesystem.
- -o legacy
- This private flag indicates that the dataset has an entry in the /etc/fstab file.
- -o noxattr
- This private flag disables extended attributes.
- -o xattr
- This private flag enables directory-based extended attributes and, if appropriate, adds a ZFS context to the selinux system policy.
- -o saxattr
- This private flag enables system attributed-based extended attributes and, if appropriate, adds a ZFS context to the selinux system policy.
- -o dirxattr
- Equivalent to xattr.
- -o zfsutil
- This private flag indicates that mount(8) is being called by the zfs(8) command.
NOTES¶ZFS conventionally requires that the mountpoint be an empty directory, but the Linux implementation inconsistently enforces the requirement.
The mount.zfs helper does not mount the contents of zvols.
- The static filesystem table.
- The mounted filesystem table.
AUTHORS¶The primary author of mount.zfs is Brian Behlendorf <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
This man page was written by Darik Horn <email@example.com>.
SEE ALSO¶fstab(5), mount(8), zfs(8)
|August 24, 2020||OpenZFS|