musixtex - processes MusiXTeX files, using pre-processors prepmx, pmxab and
autosp as necessary, and then deletes intermediate and log files (unless
[ texlua ] musixtex[.lua]
[ .mtx | .pmx
| .aspc | .tex | .ltx ] } ...
- If a jobname argument has a .tex extension, the default effect is to
process the file using
- (first pass)
- (second pass)
- (third pass)
- (dvi to Postscript)
- (Postscript to Portable Document Format)
- normally followed by removal of intermediate and log files. A log
musixtex.log is generated, even if other log files are removed.
If a jobname argument has a .pmx extension, the file is first preprocessed using
and the resulting .tex file is processed as above.
If a jobname argument has a .mtx extension, the file is first preprocessed using
and the resulting .pmx file is processed as above.
If a jobname argument has a .ltx extension, the file is processed using
) in place of etex
If a jobname argument has a .aspc extension, the file is first preprocessed
and the resulting .tex or .ltx file is processed as
If a jobname argument has none of these extensions, the script will look for a
.mtx or jobname
.pmx or jobname
.tex or jobname
in that order, and process it
- output program name and version number, and quit
- output usage summary and quit
- assume LaTeX source; implied if the file has .ltx extension
- change the TeX processor to pdfetex(1) or pdflatex(1) (and
doesn't run a dvi processor)
- preprocess pmx file using pmxchords(1)
- don't generate a .ps file and change the dvi processor to
- -D dvix
- use dvix as the dvi processor; e.g., -D "dvipdfm -m 0.9".
Use -d before -D to suppress .ps generation.
- -P ps2pdf
- use ps2pdf as the Postscript processor; e.g., -P "ps2pdf
- -F fmt
- use fmt as the TeX processor; e.g., -F "luatex
- stop processing at the pmx file
- -M mtxx
- use mtxx as the mtx preprocessor; e.g., -M "prepmx
- -A aspcx
- use aspcx as the aspc preprocessor; e.g., -A "autosp
- stop processing at the tex/mid files
- stop processing at the dvi file
- stop processing at the ps file
- retain intermediate and log files
- one-pass [pdf][la]tex processing; i.e., without calling
- call makeindex(1) to update index database
- restore default processing
- quiet mode (only musixtex's own messages); other messages are diverted to
a temporary file. If an error occurs at the TeX stage, processing halts
immediately and the tail of the log file is sent to stderr. Version
information is copied from the temporary file to the log file.
- Options affect processing of all succeeding MusiXTeX files unless changed
by another option. Option flags cannot be combined; e.g., use -l -x
rather than -lx.
Note that four TeX engines are available via the -l and -p options:
pdflatex -l -p
- If the -F option is used, options -l and -p need to be set if the engine
name does not contain "latex" and "pdf" respectively.
For example, the above four engines can be replaced by:
-F "luatex --output-format=dvi"
-F "lualatex --output-format=dvi"
-F "luatex" -p
-F "lualatex" -p
(1) and musixdoc.pdf.
This manual page was written by Bob Tennent <firstname.lastname@example.org>.