|sip-module(1)||General Commands Manual||sip-module(1)|
NAME¶sip-module - generate a sip extension module
sip-module [options] name
name is the fully qualified name of the sip module (i.e. including the package name).
DESCRIPTION¶sip-module builds one of more of the elements of the sip module for a set of package projects.
- -h, --help
- Display a help message.
- -V, --version
- Display the SIP version number.
- --abi-version MAJOR[.MINOR]
- The version number of the ABI implemented by the sip module is MAJOR.MINOR. If only the major version number is specified then the latest minor version with that major version is used. By default the very latest version is used.
- --project NAME
- The name of the project as it would appear on PyPI is NAME. By default the name is derived from the fully qualified name of the sip module.
- Create an sdist which can then be installed by pip or uploaded to PyPI.
- --setup-cfg FILE
- FILE is copied to the sdist as setup.cfg instead of the
default version. This allows the sdist to be customised. A number of
macros may be specified in the setup.cfg file:
@SIP_MODULE_FQ_NAME@ is replaced by the fully qualified name of the
@SIP_MODULE_PACKAGE_NAME@ is replaced by the module's project top-level package name.
@SIP_MODULE_PROJECT_NAME@ is replaced by the module's project name as it would appear on PyPI.
@SIP_MODULE_VERSION@ is replaced by the version number of the module.
- Create a sip.h header file that defines the C ABI implemented by the sip module.
- Create a sip.rst file that documents the Python API implemented by the sip module.
- --target-dir DIR
- Each of the module's elements will be created in DIR.