|mdb-ver(1)||Executable programs or shell commands||mdb-ver(1)|
NAME¶mdb-ver - Return the format of a given MDB database.
mdb-ver database mdb-ver -M mdb-ver -h|--help
DESCRIPTION¶mdb-ver is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools.
It will return a single line of output corresponding to the program that produced the file: 'JET3' (for files produced by Access 97), 'JET4' (Access 2000, XP and 2003), 'ACE12' (Access 2007), 'ACE14' (Access 2010), 'ACE15' (Access 2013), or 'ACE16' (Access 2016).
- -M, --mdbtools
- Prints the version of MDB Tools itself instead of the MDB file.
NOTES¶Access changed its format between Jet 3 used in Access 97 and Jet 4 used for Access 2000 and XP. The nature of the changes included moving the page size from 2K to 4K and added support for unicode. MDB Tools actively supports both formats. Newer version are very much like Jet4.
- Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1).
- Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv.
- semi-column separated list of options:
- debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options
HISTORY¶mdb-ver first appeared in MDB Tools 0.4.
SEE ALSO¶mdb-array(1) mdb-count(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-import(1) mdb-json(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-queries(1) mdb-schema(1) mdb-sql(1) mdb-tables(1)
AUTHORS¶The mdb-ver utility was written by Brian Bruns.
BUGS¶mdb-ver does minimal checking on the validity of a file. It is possbile for it to misidentify a non-MDB file.
mdb-ver does not recognize Access 2.0 (Jet 2).
|29 December 2020||MDBTools 0.9.1-beta2|