guestfs-release-notes - libguestfs リリースノート
RELEASE NOTES FOR LIBGUESTFS 1.12¶
These release notes only cover the differences from the previous stable/dev branch split (1.10.0). For detailed changelogs, please see the git repository, or the ChangeLog file distributed in the tarball.
- guestfish strings can use escapes, eg. ><fs> write /foo "line 1\nline 2\n" - guestfish write-append command can be used to append to files. - Long-running file uploads and downloads can be cancelled through the API or by hitting ^C in guestfish. - New guestfish "display" command for displaying graphical files inside guests. - In guestfish, tab completion now works on /dev/mapper devices.
- Inspection API can get an icon or logo for certain guests. - virt-inspector includes the logo and hostname for certain guests. - virt-inspector can now get the version and release numbers for RPM packages. - CentOS and Scientific Linux are now treated as separate distros by the inspection API.
- virt-resize can now handle btrfs. - New virt-resize --ntfsresize-force option allows Windows VMs to be resized multiple times.
other virt tools
- guestfish, guestmount, virt-cat, virt-df, virt-edit, virt-filesystems, virt-inspector, virt-ls and virt-rescue now allow you to use "-d UUID" option to specify a guest by UUID. This makes them more robust to use from other programs. - virt-ls -lR option allows complex file iteration and guest analysis. - virt-win-reg supports HKEY_USERS\<SID> and HKEY_USERS\<username>. - virt-win-reg new option --unsafe-printable-strings allows printable strings to be displayed in the output (unsafely: read the documentation before using). - virt-edit has been rewritten in C.
API and language bindings
- Java is now completely supported. See http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-java.3.html - JRuby is supported via the Java bindings. - guestfs_close now appears in trace messages. - Python binding adds explicit g.close() method. - Python programs can now use the new event API. - Python GIL is released during libguestfs calls, allowing multithreaded Python programs to work properly. - 9pfs (Plan 9 filesystems exported from the host) are now supported. - Add -DGUESTFS_WARN_DEPRECATED=1 to warn about use of deprecated API functions in C programs. - New manual page guestfs-recipes(1) with recipes. - mkfs-opts can now set inode size and sector size on created filesystems (thanks Nikita Menkovich). - guestfs_last_errno is now accessible from OCaml (as g#last_errno ()).
- optargs_bitmask is checked even for calls that have no optional arguments. This closes a possible exploit in the daemon from untrusted callers.
btrfs-filesystem-resize, get-pgroup, inspect-get-icon, is-zero, is-zero-device, list-9p, list-dm-devices, mount-9p, ntfsresize-opts, set-pgroup, write-append
- Coverity (a static analysis tool) was run across the codebase and many fixes were made. - Generator can handle functions that return RBufferOut and have optional arguments. - Compatible with Perl 5.14. - Compatible with gcc 4.6. - Perform safety checks on QEMU. - C API tests can now fully test calls that have optional arguments. - Use ./configure --enable-install-daemon to install /usr/sbin/guestfsd. - po-docs directory now covers all man pages. - stderr from qemu process is now captured by the event subsystem.
- 602997 part-get-bootable gives wrong result with an unordered part layout - 661280 virt-rescue: panic when shutting down: "/sbin/reboot: No such file or directory" - 700369 qemu-system-x86_64 says 'KVM not supported for this target' - 705200 guestmount attempt results in access denied - 714981 'list-filesystems' does not know about virtio 9p filesystems or detect existing mounts - 717786 libguestfs python bindings should have an explicit close call - 721275 virt-resize in F16 should support btrfs
Richard W.M. Jones
Copyright (C) 2009-2023 Red Hat Inc.
To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
When reporting a bug, please supply:
- The version of libguestfs.
- Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from source, etc)
- Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it.
- Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output into the bug report.