|fai-make-nfsroot(8)||System Manager's Manual||fai-make-nfsroot(8)|
fai-make-nfsroot - create the FAI nfsroot directory
Create the FAI nfsroot directory as pointed by $NFSROOT in the config_file. This directory is necessary for the installation of Debian on remote clients using the FAI package. The config_file location is discussed in the OPTIONS below.
The exit code returned is 0 if all commands to build the root directory exited successfully and >0 if an error occurs.
- Adjust a generic nfsroot. Add resolv.conf, add host entries, and/or set the root password.
- -B BASETGZ
- Use specified file as base file (can be base.tar.zst, base.tzst , base.tar.xz, base.txz) for the nfsroot. This avoids calling debootstrap and therefore reduces the buildtime for the nfsroot.
- -c, --class CLASS[,CLASS]
- Add these classes to the internal list of classes. This is usually not necessary.
- -C CFDIR
- Use CFDIR as configuration directory. Default is /etc/fai. You can also set the environment variable FAI_ETC_DIR.
- Force overwriting an existing nfsroot. By default fai-make-nfsroot aborts if the configuration variable NFSROOT points to a directory which already exists. To force overwriting (and therefore rebuilding) the existing nfsroot use this option. This option is supported starting with FAI 4.0. Note: To update and therefore preserve an existing nfsroot see option -k.
- Create a generic nfsroot. Remove most install server specific data from nfsroot. See also -a.
- Remove all kernels from NFSROOT.
- Install additional packages defined in /etc/fai/NFSROOT into the nfsroot. Also copies all kernels from the nfsroot to the directory $TFTPROOT. You can use this option, to upgrade all packages inside the nfsroot.
- Additionally install non-free packages defined in the NONFREE section of /etc/fai/NFSROOT.
- Preserve ssh configs including the keys of the root account and also the ssh host keys from inside the nfsroot.
- Preserve ssh configs including the keys of the root account. This will not preserve the ssh host keys inside the nfsroot.
- Create a smaller nfsroot. Do not install packages defined in /etc/fai/NFSROOT in the FULL section.
- Create verbose output on stdout.
- Show simple help.
- Use zstd for compressing the base.tar file which is much faster than xz. Default is to use xz.
If you do not use NFS, you may still use the NFSROOT directory as a staging point for building the base installation tarball.
exports(5), nfsd(8), fai-setup(8)
This program is part of FAI (Fully Automatic Installation). See the FAI manual for more information on how to use fai-make-nfsroot. The FAI homepage is https://fai-project.org.
- The FAI configuration file.
- The configuration file for fai-make-nfsroot.
- Directory containing shell scripts (using LSB namespaces) to be sourced at the end of fai-make-nfsroot for additional configuration of the nfsroot. Can be changed with NFSROOT_HOOKS.
- Copy this file to the NFSROOT.
- Repository keys in .gpg format found here will be installed into the NFSROOT.
- The script will write the values of FAI_VERSION and NFSROOT to this file.
Thomas Lange <email@example.com>
|July 2020||FAI 5.9|