compare contents of zip archives
zipcmp compares the zip archives or directories
archive1 and archive2 and checks
if they contain the same files, comparing their names, uncompressed sizes, and
CRCs. File order and compressed size differences are ignored.
- Display a short help message and exit.
- Compare names ignoring case distinctions.
- Enable paranoid checks. Compares extra fields and other meta data.
(Automatically disabled if one of the archives is a directory.)
- Quiet mode. Compare
- Test zip files by comparing the contents to their checksums.
- Display version information and exit.
- Verbose mode. Print details about differences to stdout. (This is the
zipcmp exits 0 if the two archives contain the same
files, 1 if they differ, and >1 if an error occurred.
zipcmp was added in libzip 0.6.