|REPORT.CGI(1)||General Commands Manual||REPORT.CGI(1)|
NAME¶report.cgi - CGI front-end to xymongen reporting
SYNOPSIS¶report.cgi [--noclean] [xymongen-options]
DESCRIPTION¶report.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the report.sh CGI wrapper. It triggers the generation of a Xymon availability report for the timeperiod specified by the CGI parameters.
report.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters:
start-mon (Start month of the report) start-day (Start day-of-month of the report) start-yr (Start year of the report) end-mon (End month of the report) end-day (End day-of-month of the report) end-yr (End year of the report) style (Report style)
The following non-standard parameters are handled by the xymongen version of report.cgi:
suburl (Page in report to go to, if not the top page)
The "month" parameters must be specified as the three-letter english month name abbreviation: Jan, Feb, Mar ...
Start- and end-days are in the range 1..31; the start- and end-year must be specified including century (e.g. "2003").
End-times beyond the current time are silently replaced with the current time.
The generated report will include data for the start- and end-days, i.e. the report will begin at 00:00:00 of the start-day, and end at 23:59:59 of the end-day.
The "style" parameter is passed directly to xymongen(1) and should be "crit", "non-crit" or "all". Other values result in undefined behaviour.
All of the processing involved in generating the report is done by invoking xymongen(1) with the proper "--reportopts" option.
- Do not clean the XYMONREPDIR directory of old reports. Makes the report-tool go a bit faster - instead, you can clean up the XYMONREPDIR directory e.g. via a cron-job.
- Load the environment from FILENAME before executing the CGI.
- All other options passed to report.cgi are passed on to the xymongen(1) program building the report files.
- HTML template header for the report request form
- HTML template footer for the report request form
- HTML template report request form
- xymongen options passed by default to the report.cgi. This happens in the report.sh wrapper.
- Home directory of the Xymon server installation
- Directory where generated reports are stored. This directory must be writable by the userid executing the CGI script, typically "www", "apache" or "nobody". Default: $XYMONHOME/www/rep/
- The URL prefix to use when accessing the reports via a browser. Default: $XYMONWEB/rep
SEE ALSO¶xymongen(1), hosts.cfg(5), xymonserver.cfg(5)
|Version 4.3.28: 17 Jan 2017||Xymon|