|FINDHOST.CGI(1)||General Commands Manual||FINDHOST.CGI(1)|
NAME¶findhost.cgi - Xymon CGI script to find hosts
DESCRIPTION¶findhost.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the findhost.sh CGI wrapper.
findhost.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the "host=REGEX" parameter. The REGEX is a Posix regular expression (see regex(7) ) describing the hostnames to look for. A trailing wildcard is assumed on all hostnames - e.g. requesting the hostname "www" will match any host whose name begins with "www".
It then produces a single web page, listing all of the hosts that matched any of the hostnames, with links to the Xymon webpages where they are located.
The output page lists hosts in the order they appear in the hosts.cfg(5) file.
A sample web page implementing the search facility is included with xymongen, you access it via the URL /xymon/help/findhost.html.
- Loads the environment from FILENAME before executing the CGI.
- HTML header file for the generated web page
- HTML footer file for the generated web page
- Query form displayed when findhost.cgi is called with no parameters.
- findhost.cgi uses the HOSTSCFG environment variable to find the hosts.cfg file listing all known hosts and their page locations.
- Used to locate the template files for the generated web pages.
SEE ALSO¶xymongen(1), hosts.cfg(5), xymonserver.cfg(5)
|Version 4.3.28: 17 Jan 2017||Xymon|