DHCPv6 relay agent
pid-file] interface ...
dhcp6relay acts as an intermediary to deliver DHCPv6
messages between clients and servers, and is on the same link as a client.
dhcp6relay needs command line arguments
interface ..., which specifies the list of links
Options supported by
- Print debugging messages.
- Even more debugging information is printed.
- Foreground mode (useful when debugging). Although
dhcp6relay usually prints warning, debugging, or
error messages to syslog(8), it prints the messages to
standard error if this option is specified.
- Specifies the source address to relay packets to servers (or other
- Specifies the hop limit of DHCPv6 Solicit messages forwarded to
- Specifies the interface on which messages to servers are sent. When
omitted, the same interface as interface will be
used. When multiple interface are specified, this
option cannot be omitted.
- Specifies the DHCPv6 server address to relay packets to. If not specified,
packets are relayed to ff05::1:3 (All DHCPv6 servers).
- Specifies the script file to be executed when
dhcp6relay receives a RELAY-REPLY message from a
DHCPv6 server. Further detail of the script file syntax is available in
- Use pid-file to dump the process ID of
- is the default file that contains pid of the currently running
Ralph Droms, Editor,
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
(DHCPv6), RFC 3315,
dhcp6relay command first appeared in WIDE/KAME IPv6
protocol stack kit.