Scroll to navigation
lsusb - list USB devices
lsusb [ options ]
lsusb is a utility for displaying information about USB buses in the
system and the devices connected to them.
- -v, --verbose
- Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about
the devices shown. This includes configuration descriptors for the
device's current speed. Class descriptors will be shown, when available,
for USB device classes including hub, audio, HID, communications, and
- -s [[bus]:][devnum]
- Show only devices in specified bus and/or devnum. Both ID's
are given in decimal and may be omitted.
- -d [vendor]:[product]
- Show only devices with the specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are
given in hexadecimal.
- -D device
- Do not scan the /dev/bus/usb directory, instead display only information
about the device whose device file is given. The device file should be
something like /dev/bus/usb/001/001. This option displays detailed
information like the v option; you must be root to do this.
- Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree.
This overrides the v option.
- -V, --version
- Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully.
If the specified device is not found, a non-zero exit code is returned.
- A list of all known USB ID's (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and
Thomas Sailer, <email@example.com>.