tuned-profiles-compat - description of profiles provided for backward
These profiles are provided for backward compatibility with the tuned-1x. They
are no longer maintained and may be dropped anytime in the future. It's not
recommended to use them for purposes other than backward compatibility. Some
of them are only aliases to base tuned profiles. Please do not use the compat
profiles on new installations and rather use profiles from base tuned package
or other tuned subpackages.
The following profiles are considered compatibility profiles:
- It is the lowest of the available profiles in regard to power saving and
only enables CPU and disk plugins of tuned.
- A power saving profile directed at desktop systems. Enables ALPM power
saving for SATA host adapters as well as the CPU, ethernet and disk
plugins of tuned.
- A power saving profile directed at server systems. Enables ALPM power
saving for SATA host adapters, and activates the CPU and disk plugins of
- Medium power saving profile directed at laptops running on AC. Enables
ALPM power saving for SATA host adapters, WiFi power saving as well as
CPU, ethernet and disk plugins of tuned.
- Strong power saving profile directed at laptops running on battery.
Currently an alias to powersave profile.
- Strong power saving profile directed at machines with classic HDDs. It
enables aggressive disk spin-down. Disk writeback values are increased and
disk swappiness is lowered. Log syncing is disabled. All partitions are
remounted with 'noatime' option.
- Server profile for high disk throughput performance tuning. Disables power
saving mechanisms and enables hugepages. Disk readahead values are
increased. CPU governor is set to performance.
Jaroslav Škarvada <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jan Kaluža <email@example.com>
Jan Včelák <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Marcela Mašláňová <email@example.com>
Phil Knirsch <firstname.lastname@example.org>