NAME¶fileutil::magic::cfront - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files
SYNOPSIS¶package require Tcl 8.5
package require fileutil::magic::cfront ?1.2.0?
package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.2.0?
package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.2.0?
package require struct::list
package require fileutil
::fileutil::magic::cfront::procdef procname path...
DESCRIPTION¶This package provides the frontend of a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the generator backed used by this compiler see the package fileutil::magic::cgen.
- ::fileutil::magic::cfront::compile path...
- This command takes the paths of one or more files and directories and
compiles all the files, and the files in all the directories into a single
recognizer for all the file types specified in these files.
All the files have to be in the format specified by magic(5).
The result of the command is a Tcl script containing the generated recognizer.
- ::fileutil::magic::cfront::procdef procname path...
- This command behaves like ::fileutil::magic::cfront::compile with regard to the specified path arguments, then wraps the resulting recognizer script into a procedure named procname, puts code setting up the namespace of procname in front, and returns the resulting script.
- ::fileutil::magic::cfront::install path...
- This command uses ::fileutil::magic::cfront::procdef to compile
each of the paths into a recognizer procedure and installs the result in
the current interpreter.
The name of each new procedure is derived from the name of the file/directory used in its creation, with file/directory "FOO" causing the creation of procedure ::fileutil::magic::/FOO::run.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK¶This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
When proposing code changes, please provide unified diffs, i.e the output of diff -u.
Note further that attachments are strongly preferred over inlined patches. Attachments can be made by going to the Edit form of the ticket immediately after its creation, and then using the left-most button in the secondary navigation bar.
SEE ALSO¶file(1), fileutil, magic(5)
KEYWORDS¶file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type