Tcl_GetVersion - get the version of the library at runtime
Tcl_GetVersion(major, minor, patchLevel, type)
- int *major (out)
- Major version number of the Tcl library.
- int *minor (out)
- Minor version number of the Tcl library.
- int *patchLevel (out)
- The patch level of the Tcl library (or alpha or beta number).
- Tcl_ReleaseType *type (out)
- The type of release, also indicates the type of patch level. Can be one of
TCL_ALPHA_RELEASE, TCL_BETA_RELEASE, or
Tcl_GetVersion should be used to query the version number of the Tcl
library at runtime. This is useful when using a dynamically loaded Tcl library
or when writing a stubs-aware extension. For instance, if you write an
extension that is linked against the Tcl stubs library, it could be loaded
into a program linked to an older version of Tcl than you expected. Use
Tcl_GetVersion to verify that fact, and possibly to change the behavior
of your extension.
Tcl_GetVersion accepts NULL for any of the arguments. For
instance if you do not care about the patchLevel of the library, pass
a NULL for the patchLevel argument.
version, patchlevel, major, minor, alpha, beta, release