NAME¶pdebuild - pbuilder way of doing debuild
SYNOPSIS¶pdebuild [pdebuild options] -- [pbuilder options]
DESCRIPTION¶A convenience program for pbuilder which invokes pbuilder after obtaining appropriate root privilege in a Debian source directory. One must be inside the source tree containing the debian directory.
By default, build log file is stored in ../<package>_<version>_<arch>.build.
PDEBUILD OPTIONS¶The options have the form --option name which modify the operation semantics as explained below. They are applied from left to right, and when options conflict, the option that appear later take precedence.
- --buildsourceroot [fakeroot]
- The command used to gain root privilege for invoking debian/rules clean
- --pbuilderroot [sudo -E]
- The command used to gain root privilege for invoking pbuilder.
- --pbuildersatisfydepends [/usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends]
- The command used to satisfy (i.e. install) build-dependencies.
Set architecture. This is currently required when it doesn't match the host architecture.
Invoke debsign at the end of pdebuild process.
- --debsign-k [key-id]
- Pass -k option to debsign to specify which key-id to sign with.
- --buildresult [Directory for build results]
The place where the build result is stored.
Note that for pdebuild, buildresult needs to be specified as a pdebuild option on the command-line, not as a pbuilder option.
Note that the default value for buildresult is what is defined for pbuilder, which is /var/cache/pbuilder/result and not ..
- --configfile [Extra config file to use]
The configuration file is used, and passed on to pbuilder.
- --debbuildopts [options to pass to dpkg-buildpackage]
The space-delimited list of options are passed to dpkg-buildpackage. This option appends to pbuilder option --debbuildopts and may also be used to reset the list of options by passing the empty string.
Multiple options are delimited with spaces.
Note that for pdebuild, dpkg-source is used to build the source package which is given to pbuilder. This option has no effect on the arguments used to build this source package, but will control whether the clean target is run first as usual, and any options for dpkg-genchanges will be passed on.
- Uses a different implementation of pdebuild, which calls clean and build
inside the chroot, using bind-mounts.
pdebuild-internal tries to run debian/rules clean inside the chroot. To do so, the working directory is passed on inside the chroot, in the form of bind-mounting and debuild is run.
This option will not protect the working directory and its parent directories from the build scripts.
- --logfile [file to log]
- Specifies the build logfile to create. The messages generated during execution will be written to the file, as well as standard output.
- --pbuilder [pbuilder]
- Specifies which command to invoke as pbuilder.
Show a brief help message.
- -- [pbuilder options]
After the -- symbol, an arbitrary number of pbuilder options can be specified. See pbuilder(8) for a full list of options.
There is an exception that --buildresult needs to be specified as a pdebuild option before the -- in order to be effective.
- The configuration file for pbuilder, used in pdebuild.
- The default configuration file for pbuilder, used in pdebuild.
- Configuration file for pbuilder, used in pdebuild. It overrides /etc/pbuilderrc
$ pwd /home/dancer/DEBIAN/cowdancer/cowdancer $ ls debian/rules debian/rules $ pdebuild dh clean dh_testdir dh_auto_clean dh_autoreconf_clean dh_clean . . . dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (native)' dpkg-source: info: building cowdancer in cowdancer_0.84.tar.xz dpkg-source: info: building cowdancer in cowdancer_0.84.dsc . . .
BUGS¶pdebuild will accept all options that pbuilder accepts as pdebuild option. However, unless the option is documented in the manual page, it may be ignored.
AUTHOR¶Initial coding and main maintenance is done by Junichi Uekawa <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The homepage is http://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org
SEE ALSO¶/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pbuilder(8), pbuilderrc(5)
|2006 May 24||Debian|