- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|LFC_GETCOMMENT(3)||LFC Library Functions||LFC_GETCOMMENT(3)|
NAME¶lfc_getcomment - get the comment associated with a LFC file/directory in the name server
int lfc_getcomment (const char *path, char *comment)
DESCRIPTION¶lfc_getcomment gets the comment associated with a LFC file/directory in the name server.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current LFC directory or the full LFC pathname.
- points at a buffer to receive the comment. The buffer must be at least CA_MAXCOMMENTLEN+1 characters long.
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The named directory does not exist or is a null pathname or there is no comment associated with this path.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or the caller effective user ID does not match the owner ID of the file or read permission on the file/directory itself is denied.
- path or comment is a NULL pointer.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
SEE ALSO¶Castor_limits(4), lfc_chdir(3)
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team
|$Date: 2010-12-13 11:48:43 +0100 (Mon, 13 Dec 2010) $||LFC|