Scroll to navigation
md3serial - view or change serial number on MicroDesign discs.
md3serial [-serial SERIAL] [-format FORMAT] [-type
TYPE] [-side SIDE] [-comp COMP] DISKIMAGE
Md3serial allows the serial number on program discs distributed by Creative
Technology (or image files made from such discs) to be viewed or changed.
- -serial SERIAL
- Write a new serial number to the disc (up to 7 characters). If this is not
present the existing serial number remains unchanged.
- -type TYPE
- Determines which driver is to be used.
- Select according to the disc image file. This is the default.
- Use the DSK (CPCEmu format) image driver.
- Use the extended version of the DSK format.
- Use the floppy driver.
- Use the hard disk (MYZ80 format) image driver. (This format cannot be
- Use the CFI (DOS fdcopy format) image driver. (This format cannot be
- Use the raw driver.
- -comp COMP
- Select the compression method used on the source disc image file (has no
effect when reading a floppy disc).
- Detect from the first few bytes of the file. This is the default.
- Huffman coded (SQ / USQ).
- Gzipped (gzip / gunzip).
- Burrows-Wheeler compressed (bzip2 / bunzip2).
- -side SIDE
- Determines which side (0 or 1) of the disc (image) is to be identified.
The authors of MicroDesign have placed it in the public domain and explicitly
given permission for the copy-protection system to be reverse- engineered.
John Elliott <firstname.lastname@example.org>.