- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|DPNS_GETUSRBYNAM(3)||DPNS Library Functions||DPNS_GETUSRBYNAM(3)|
NAME¶dpns_getusrbynam - get virtual uid associated with a given user name
int dpns_getusrbynam (char *username, uid_t *uid)
DESCRIPTION¶dpns_getusrbynam gets the virtual uid associated with a given user name.
- specifies the user name. It must be at most 255 characters long.
- specifies the address of a buffer to receive the Virtual User Id.
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- username or uid is a NULL pointer.
- This user name does not exist in the internal mapping table or the length of username exceeds 255.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
|$Date: 2005/10/19 11:30:57 $||DPNS|