|ldns-keygen(1)||General Commands Manual||ldns-keygen(1)|
NAME¶ldns-keygen - generate a DNSSEC key pair
SYNOPSIS¶ldns-keygen [ OPTION ] DOMAIN
DESCRIPTION¶ldns-keygen is used to generate a private/public keypair. When run, it will create 3 files; a .key file with the public DNSKEY, a .private file with the private keydata and a .ds with the DS record of the DNSKEY record.
ldns-keygen can also be used to create symmetric keys (for TSIG) by selecting the appropriate algorithm: hmac-md5.sig-alg.reg.int, hmac-sha1, hmac-sha224, hmac-sha256, hmac-sha384 or hmac-sha512. In that case no DS record will be created and no .ds file.
ldns-keygen prints the basename for the key files: K<name>+<alg>+<id>
- -a <algorithm>
- Create a key with this algorithm. Specifying 'list' here gives a list of supported algorithms. Several alias names are also accepted (from older versions and other software), the list gives names from the RFC. Also the plain algo number is accepted.
- -b <bits>
- Use this many bits for the key length.
- When given, generate a key signing key. This just sets the flag field to 257 instead of 256 in the DNSKEY RR in the .key file.
- -r device
- Make ldns-keygen use this file to seed the random generator with. This will default to /dev/random.
- Show the version and exit
AUTHOR¶Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2005-2008 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
|27 May 2008|