|jfs_fscklog(8)||Extract/Display JFS fsck Log||jfs_fscklog(8)|
NAME¶jfs_fscklog - extract a JFS fsck service log into a file and/or format and display the extracted file
SYNOPSIS¶jfs_fscklog [ -d ] [ -e device ] [ -f output.file ] [ -p ] [ -V ]
DESCRIPTION¶jfs_fscklog with option -e device extracts the contents of either the most recent or immediately prior (specified with option -p) JFS fsck service log from the specified device, and writes the output to a file. The file name may be specified with the -f option, or the default file name is <pwd>fscklog.new. If the -p option is used, the default file name is <pwd>fscklog.old.
jfs_fscklog with option -d formats and displays the contents of the extracted file.
jfs_fscklog with options -d and -e device extracts and displays the JFS fsck service log.
- Format and display a previously extracted JFS fsck service log.
- -e device
- Extract the JFS fsck service log from device and store it in a file. (device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the fsck log will be extracted (e.g. /dev/hdb1 )).
- -f file.name
- Specify the file name, overriding the default file name. When used with -e device, file.name specifies the name of the file into which the JFS fsck log will be extracted. When used with -d, file.name specifies the name of the extracted file whose contents will be formatted and displayed.
file.name must be 127 characters or less in length.
file.name will be created in the present working directory unless it is fully qualified.
- Extract the prior log (as opposed to the most recent log).
- Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options).
EXAMPLES¶Extract the most recent JFS fsck log on /dev/hda5 into <pwd>fscklog.new:
- jfs_fscklog -e /dev/hda5
Extract the most recent JFS fsck log on /dev/hdb3 into /temp/l9651107.log:
- jfs_fscklog -e /dev/hdb3 -f /temp/l9651107.log
Display the JFS fsck log that was extracted into /temp/l9651107.log:
- jfs_fscklog -d -f /temp/l9651107.log
Extract and display the previous JFS fsck log from /dev/hda8:
- jfs_fscklog -e /dev/hda8 -d -p
REPORTING BUGS¶If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_fscklog, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site:
Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_fscklog error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device.
SEE ALSO¶jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_logdump(8), jfs_debugfs(8)
Barry Arndt (firstname.lastname@example.org)jfs_fscklog is maintained by IBM.
See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/
|October 28, 2002|