NAME¶iwidgets::labeledwidget - Create and manipulate a labeled widget
SYNOPSIS¶iwidgets::labeledwidget pathName ?options?
INHERITANCE¶itk::Widget <- iwidgets::Labeledwidget
background cursor foreground
See the "options" manual entry for details on the standard options.
Name: disabledForeground Class: DisabledForeground Command-Line Switch: -disabledforeground
- Specifies the foreground to be used when the state is disabled.
Name: labelBitmap Class: Bitmap Command-Line Switch: -labelbitmap
- Specifies a bitmap to display in the widget, in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetBitmap. This option overrides the labeltext option.
Name: labelFont Class: Font Command-Line Switch: -labelfont
- Specifies the font to be used for the label.
Name: labelImage Class: Image Command-Line Switch: -labelimage
- Specifies a image to be used as the label. The image may be any of the values created by the image create command. This option overrides both the labelbitmap and labeletext options.
Name: labelMargin Class: Margin Command-Line Switch: -labelmargin
- Specifies the distance between the childsite and label in any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPixels. The default is 2 pixel.
Name: labelPos Class: Position Command-Line Switch: -labelpos
- Specifies the position of the label along the side of the childsite: nw, n, ne, sw, s, se, en, e, es, wn, w, or ws. The default is w.
Name: labelText Class: Text Command-Line Switch: -labeltext
- Specifies the text of the label around the childsite.
Name: labelVariable Class: Variable Command-Line Switch: -labelvariable
- Specifies the text variable of the label around the childsite.
Name: state Class: State Command-Line Switch: -state
- Specifies one of two states for the label: normal or disabled. If the label is disabled then it is displayed in a disabled foreground color. The default is normal.
Name: sticky Class: Sticky Command-Line Switch: -sticky
- Specifies the "sticky-ness" of the childsite. The default value is nsew, which is the the same behavior of the labeledwidget before this option was added.
DESCRIPTION¶The iwidgets::labeledwidget command creates a labeled widget which contains a label and child site. The child site is a frame which can filled with any widget via a derived class or though the use of the childsite method. This class was designed to be a general purpose base class for supporting the combination of label widget and a childsite. The options include the ability to position the label around the childsite widget, modify the font and margin, and control the display of the labels.
METHODS¶The iwidgets::labeledwidget command creates a new Tcl command whose name is pathName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
pathName option ?arg arg ...?
Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for labeledwidget widgets:
- pathName childsite
- Return the path name of the child site.
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::labeledwidget command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the iwidgets::labeledwidget command.
- iwidgets::Labeledwidget::alignlabels widget ?widget ...?
- The alignlabels procedure takes a list of widgets derived from the Labeledwidget class and uses the label margin to make each widget have the same total space for the combination of label and margin. The net effect is to left align the labels. Generally, this method is only useful with a label position of w, which is the default.
Name: label Class: label
- The label component provides the label for the labeled widget. See the "label" widget manual entry for details on the label component item.
Name: lwchildsite Class: frame
- The lwchildsite component is the user child site for the labeled widget.
See the "frame" widget manual entry for details on the
lwchildsite component item.
- The labeledwidget was primarily meant to be a base class. The ScrolledListBox and EntryField are good examples of derived classes of the labeledwidget class. In order to provide equal support for composite classes, the 'childsite' methods also exists. The following is an example of 'childsite' method usage.
package require Iwidgets 4.0 iwidgets::labeledwidget .lw -labeltext "Canvas Widget" -labelpos s pack .lw -fill both -expand yes -padx 10 -pady 10 set cw [canvas [.lw childsite].c -relief raised -width 200 -height 200] pack $cw -padx 10 -pady 10
AUTHOR¶Mark L. Ulferts