NAME¶ssgrep - search spreadsheets for strings
SYNOPSIS¶ssgrep [OPTIONS] [FILES]
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page briefly documents the ssgrep command.
ssgrep is a command line utility to search for strings in spreadsheets of any format supported by gnumeric. Without any output modifying options, ssgrep prints one line for each match. A match consists of the matching content of a cell or, if the -R option is given, the matching expression result of a cell.
OPTIONS¶This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with single letter options starting with a single dash (`-') and longer options starting with two dashes (`--').
Options controlling input file handling¶
- Recalculate all cells
Options controlling patterns and pattern matching¶
- -f, --keyword-file=FILE
- The path to a text file containing one key per line
- -i, --ignore-case
- Ignore differences in letter case
- -w, --word-regexp
- Match only whole words
- -F, --fixed-strings
- Pattern is a set of fixed strings
- -R, --search-results
- Search results of expressions too
- -v, --invert-match
- Search for cells that do not match
Options controlling output in general¶
- -c, --count
- Only print a count of matches per file
- -L, --files-without-matches
- Print filenames without matches
- -l, --files-with-matches
- Print filenames with matches
- -q, --quiet
- Suppress all normal output
- -H, --with-filename
- Print the filename for each match
- -h, --without-filename
- Do not print the filename for each match
- -n, --print-locus
- Print the location of each match
- -T, --print-type
- Print the location type of each match
- -V, --version
- Display ssgrep's version
- -?, --help
- Display the supported options
- Display a brief usage message
EXAMPLE¶To search for the string "SUM" in the file foo.gnumeric :
ssgrep SUM foo.gnumeric
To search for the strings from the file keywords in the spreadsheet foo.xls :
ssgrep --keyword-file=keywords foo.xls
LICENSE¶ssgrep is licensed under the terms of the General Public License (GPL), version 2 or 3. For information on this license look at the source code that came with the software or see the GNU project page ⟨URL: http://www.gnu.org ⟩.
COPYRIGHT¶The copyright on ssgrep and the gnumeric software and source code is held by the individual authors as is documented in the source code.
AUTHOR¶ssgrep's primary author is Jody Goldberg <email@example.com>; ssgrep builds on the gnumeric codebase.
The initial version of this manpage was based on ssindex.1 by J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
SEE ALSO¶beagled(1), gnumeric(1), ssconvert(1), ssdiff(1) ssindex(1)
The Gnumeric Homepage ⟨URL: http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/ ⟩.
The GNOME project page ⟨URL: http://www.gnome.org/ ⟩.