|fai-make-nfsroot(8)||System Manager's Manual||fai-make-nfsroot(8)|
NAME¶fai-make-nfsroot - create the FAI nfsroot directory
DESCRIPTION¶Create the FAI nfsroot directory as pointed by $NFSROOT in the config_file. This directory is necessary for the installation of Debian on remote clients using the FAI package. The config_file location is discussed in the OPTIONS below.
The exit code returned is 0 if all commands to build the root directory exited successfully and >0 if an error occurs.
- Adjust a generic nfsroot. Add resolv.conf, add host entries, set the root password.
- -B BASETGZ
- Use specified BASETGZ file as base.tgz (or base.tar.gz, base.tar.xz, base.txz) for the nfsroot. This avoids calling debootstrap and therefore reduces the buildtime for the nfsroot.
- -C CFDIR
- Use CFDIR as configuration directory. Default is /etc/fai. You can also set the environment variable FAI_ETC_DIR.
- Force overwriting an existing nfsroot. By default fai-make-nfsroot aborts if the configuration variable NFSROOT points to a directory which already exists. To force overwriting (and therefore rebuilding) the existing nfsroot use this option. This option is supported starting with FAI 4.0. Note: To update and therefore preserve an existing nfsroot see option -k.
- Create a generic nfsroot. Remove most install server specific data from nfsroot. See also -a.
- Remove all kernels from NFSROOT.
- Install additional packages defined in /etc/fai/NFSROOT into the nfsroot. Also copies all kernels from the nfsroot to the directory $TFTPROOT. You can use this option, to upgrade all packages inside the nfsroot.
- Additionally install non-free packages defined in the NONFREE section of /etc/fai/NFSROOT.
- Preserve ssh configs including the keys of the root account and also the ssh host keys from inside the nfsroot.
- Preserve ssh configs including the keys of the root account. This will not preserve the ssh host keys inside the nfsroot.
- Create a smaller nfsroot. Do not install packages defined in /etc/fai/NFSROOT in the FULL section.
- Create verbose output on stdout.
- Show simple help.
- Use gzip for compressing the base.tar file. Default is to use xz.
NOTES¶If you do not use NFS, you may still use the NFSROOT directory as a staging point for building the base installation tarball.
SEE ALSO¶exports(5), nfsd(8), fai-setup(8)
This program is part of FAI (Fully Automatic Installation). See the FAI manual for more information on how to use fai-make-nfsroot. The FAI homepage is https://fai-project.org.
- The FAI configuration file.
- The configuration file for fai-make-nfsroot.
- Directory containing shell scripts to be sourced at the end of fai-make-nfsroot for additional configuration of the nfsroot. Can be changed with NFSROOT_HOOKS.
- Copy this file to the NFSROOT.
- Repository keys in .asc format found here will be installed into the NFSROOT.
- The script will write the values of FAI_VERSION and NFSROOT to this file.
AUTHOR¶Thomas Lange <email@example.com>
|February 2018||FAI 5.5.4|