NAME¶darkplaces-server - an engine for iD software's Quake and related games
SYNOPSIS¶darkplaces-server [ -options ] [ +set cvar value ] [ +console commands ]
DESCRIPTION¶DarkPlaces is an engine for Quake and related games, with greatly enhanced effects and lighting and many features for mods. darkplaces-server is the dedicated-server version of DarkPlaces, with fewer dependencies.
OPTIONS¶This program follows the Quake convention, with long options starting with a single dash (`-'). Options include:
- Specify the location of the game data files.
- Start the game using the files from a mission pack or a mod.
- Start the game with the Hipnotic mission pack.
- Start the game with the Rogue mission pack.
- Expect the basedir to contain the standalone game Nexuiz, instead of Quake.
Various other mods and standalone games are supported, see /usr/share/doc/darkplaces-server/README.Debian.
AUTHOR¶DarkPlaces was based on Quake by id Software, and is maintained by LordHavoc and numerous contributors.
This manual page was written by David Banks <email@example.com> and Simon McVittie <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian project, and may be used by others.