cupsd - cups scheduler
cupsd [ -c cupsd.conf ] [ -f ] [ -F ] [
-h ] [ -l ] [ -s cups-files.conf ] [ -t ]
cupsd is the scheduler for CUPS. It implements a printing system based
upon the Internet Printing Protocol, version 2.1, and supports most of the
requirements for IPP Everywhere. If no options are specified on the
command-line then the default configuration file /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
will be used.
- -c cupsd.conf
- Uses the named cupsd.conf configuration file.
- Run cupsd in the foreground; the default is to run in the
background as a "daemon".
- Run cupsd in the foreground but detach the process from the
controlling terminal and current directory. This is useful for running
cupsd from init(8).
- Shows the program usage.
- This option is passed to cupsd when it is run from
launchd(8) or systemd(8).
- -s cups-files.conf
- Uses the named cups-files.conf configuration file.
- Test the configuration file for syntax errors.
cupsd implements all of the required IPP/2.1 attributes and operations.
It also implements several CUPS-specific administrative operations.
Run cupsd in the background with the default configuration file:
Test a configuration file called test.conf:
cupsd -t -c test.conf
Run cupsd in the foreground with a test configuration file called
cupsd -f -c test.conf
backend(7), classes.conf(5), cups(1),
cups-files.conf(5), cups-lpd(8), cupsd.conf(5),
cupsd-helper(8), cupsd-logs(8), filter(7),
launchd(8), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5),
printers.conf(5), systemd(8), CUPS Online Help
Copyright © 2007-2017 by Apple Inc.