|ap-trapd(8)||System Manager's Manual||ap-trapd(8)|
NAME¶ap-trapd - a SNMP trap processing daemon
SYNOPSIS¶ap-trapd [ -i device ] [-u user ] [-s]
DESCRIPTION¶ap-trapd It's a SNMP trap processing daemon that accepts traps, parse them and store useful data using syslog, at logging LEVEL0. Specify device to listen for SNMP traps on the particular device (this option only works at Linux). To be running by user different from nobody you may specify user.
To correct work with Smartbridges APs specify -s key (they use specific traps).
Utility added to ap-utils from version 0.8.
SYSLOG¶To store traps to own log file you may add next string to your /etc/syslog.conf
After doing it, just restart syslogd with command like
killall -HUP syslogd
TRAPS¶When a trap is received, a message will be logged indicating that an action happened to the Access Point such as:
- Trap Reassociation:
- This trap message is sent when a Station reassociation request is received from Access Point.
- Trap Association:
- Indicates the reception of an association request packet and the sender Station's successful association with the Access Point.
- Trap Disassociation:
- This trap message is sent when a disassociation notification packet is received from a Station.
- Trap Reset:
- This trap message is sent when Access Point Resets.
- Trap Setting IP Address with Ping:
- This trap message is sent when the Access Point IP address is set with the transmission of a ping message.
- Trap Start Up:
- This trap message is sent when the Access Point Starts Up.
- Trap Failed To Erase Flash:
- This trap message is sent when Access Point Failed To Erase Flash.
- Access Point Client is scanning...
- Access Point Client is authenticating with the AP.
- Access Point Client is associating with the AP.
- Access Point Client is reassociating with the AP.
- Access Point Client has failed authenticating with the AP.
- Access Point Client has failed associating with the AP.
- Access Point Client has been connected with the AP.
- Access Point Client has been disconnected from the AP.
- Access Point Client has failed scanning!
- Access Point Client has failed joining!
- Access Point Client is in join state.
Smartbridges specific TRAPS¶
- Multiple attached stations in the ethernet size
SECURITY¶Utility ap-trapd must be running by 'root', after opening port utility change owner to 'nobody', so this user must exist in you system. You may set user using -u option as described below for change default unprivileged user.
AUTHOR¶Roman Festchook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
SEE ALSO¶ap-config(8), ap-mrtg(8), syslogd(8)
|Wireless Access Point Utilities for Unix|