- buster 5.1.1-3
|CATAL(5)||ALLIANCE FILE FORMATS||CATAL(5)|
NAME¶catal - catalog file format
ORIGIN¶This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Université Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France.
Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Predefined libraries
- The environment variable MBK_CATA_LIB(1) defines several paths corresponding to the Alliance predefined cell libraries. Each library is in one unix directory.
- standard cell library
- data-path compiler library
- registers library
- ram library
- rom library
- pads lib
- For each library, a special file named CATAL describes the library
- contents. This file must be in the same directory as the library cells. For the Alliance tools, the cells described in the predefined libraries are read only.
- The working library
- The environment variable MBK_WORK_LIB(1) defines the current working directory. Its default value is . (dot). This directory will contain the user cells, seen as read write by the Alliance tools. It is not necessary to describe all the user cells in a catalog file. But the user can locally define a catalog file for the working library. The local catalog file name is set by the environment variable MBK_CATAL_NAME(1), CATAL by default. Alliance will concatenate all catalog files of the predefined libraries and the optional catalog file of the working library to access the attributs of each cell.
- Cells attributs
- A cell may be characterized by four attributs:
- this attribut means that the cell is a leaf cell in the context of a recursive flatten, for either the layout or netlist view. The cell will not be flattened.
- this attribut means that the cell has an existing equivalent GDS or CIF representation. It is used by the symbolic to real translation tool, s2r(1), to make direct replacements.
- this attribut means that the cell is used as a feed through.
- this attribut is used only in the user defined catalog. As the user is not allowed to delete a cell in a predefined library, it is possible to virtually remove a cell of a predefined library with the D attribut in the user defined catalog.
a2_y C a2p_y C a3_y C a3p_y C n1_y C na2_y C p1_y C tie_y C . . . p1_y G . . . tie_y F
SEE ALSO¶mbk(1), sxlib(1), incatalog(3), incatalogdelete(3), incatalogfeed(3), incataloggds(3), MBK_CATA_LIB(1), MBK_CATAL_NAME(1), MBK_WORK_LIB(1).
BUG REPORT¶This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory.
We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools.
|October 1, 1997||ASIM/LIP6|