pioneers-metaserver - metaserver for Pioneers
Pioneers is an implementation of the popular, award-winning "Settlers of Catan" board game. It uses a client/server model for networked play. This program provides a piece of network infrastructure that helps match pioneers clients to pioneers servers. Casual players of pioneers probably do not need to run this program.
- -?, --help
- Print a short help text and exit.
- -d, --daemon
- Run in daemon mode.
- -P, --pidfile pidfile
- Write the pid to pidfile (implies -d)
- -r, --redirect location
- Redirect to another metaserver running at location.
- -s, --servername hostname
- Use hostname as hostname when creating servers.
- -p, --port-range from-to
- Use ports in the range from-to (inclusive) to start servers. When this range is not specified, the metaserver will not be able to create new games.
- Enable debug messages.
- Duplicate the messages of the syslog to the console.
- Show version information.
The default settings of the metaserver can be influenced with the following three environment variables:
- The hostname the metaserver will use when creating new games. This should be a hostname that can be resolved by all clients that will connect.
- The path (including the filename) to pioneers-server-console. If it contains only a filename and no path or if it is not set, the PATH variable in the environment is used to locate the program.
- The path to the game definition files. If it is not set, the default installation path will be used.
This manual page was written by Jeff Breidenbach <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and updated by Roland Clobus <email@example.com> and Bas Wijnen <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Pioneers was written by Dave Cole <email@example.com>, Andy Heroff <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and Roman Hodek <email@example.com>, with contributions from many other developers on the Internet; see the AUTHORS file in the pioneers distribution or the help->about dialog in one of the graphical programs for a complete list of contributing authors.
|February 24, 2013||pioneers|