|uuidtrip(1)||General Commands Manual||uuidtrip(1)|
uuidtrip - generate universally unique identifiers (RFC 4122)
uuidtrip generates and prints universally unique identifiers version 3, 5 (name based with MD5, SHA-1 hashing) and 4 (random based) according to RFC 4122. uuidtrip provides command line access for most functions of the UUIDM library.
- Generate a random based UUID version 4. This is the default.
- -ns uuid
- set the name space for version 3 and version 5 name based UUID's (options -md5 and -sha1). The default is the DNS namespace.
- -name name
- set the name for version 3 and version 5 name based UUID's (options -md5 and -sha1). The default is www.example.org.
- Generate an MD5 name based UUID version 3.
- Generate an SHA-1 name based UUID version 5.
- Output the generated UUID as string with uppercase letters (default is lowercase letters).
- Output the generated UUID as raw bytes (binary).
- Print the list of options and exit
- Alias for -help
This manual page was written by Hendrik Tews <email@example.com>, specifically for the Debian project (and may be used by others).
|May 17, 2013|