svm-scale - scale data to a restricted range as preprocessing for SVM training
svm-scale [ -l lower ] [ -u upper ] [ -y y_upper ] [ -s save_filename ] [ -r restore_filename ] datafilename
svm-scale reads the given datafilename (a training or testing data file as specified in svm_train(1) or svm_predict(1) ) and scales all dimensions to the given ranges.
- -l lower
- lower is the lowest (minimal) value allowed in each dimension. It defaults to -1.
- -u upper
- upper is the highest (maximal) value allowed in each dimension. It defaults to 1.
- -y y_lower
- y_lower is a boolean value (0 or 1) indicating whether or not y-values (targets) should be scaled. It defaults to 0.
- -s save_filename
- save_filename indicates the filename to save the scaled data to.
- -r restore_filename
- restore_filename indicates the filename reserved to hold the original (unscaled) data in case there is a need to restore.
datafilename must be a training or testing dataset.
No environment variables.
None documented; see Vapnik et al.
Please report bugs to the Debian BTS.
Chih-Chung Chang, Chih-Jen Lin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Chen-Tse Tsai <email@example.com> (packaging)