|Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)|
Net::Hotline::Task - Task object used internally by Net::Hotline::Client
use Net::Hotline::Task; $task = new Net::Hotline::Task; $task->start(time()); $task->num($num++); ...
Net::Hotline::Task is a simple class for storing and retrieving task information, You should never have to create your own Net::Hotline::Task objects when using Net::Hotline::Client. Getting and (to a lesser extent) setting attributes is all that should be necessary.
- new NUM, TYPE, START, SOCKET, PATH
- With no arguments, creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with all attributes set to undef. With three or four arguments (PATH is optional), creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with task number NUM, task type TYPE, start time START, user socket number SOCKET, and file path PATH.
All the Net::Hotline::Task methods are simple attribute get/set routines. If given an argument, they set an attribute. In all cases, they return the current value of the attribute.
- error EXPR
- The error state of the task. A true value means there was an error.
- error_text TEXT
- The error message text. This only applies if error() returns a true value.
- finish TIME
- The time (in platform-native time format, i.e. seconds since the epoch on a Unix system) that a task completed.
- num NUMBER
- The unique task number. Task numbers increase sequentially.
- path PATH
- The path information associated with a task (if any). In situations where two paths may be associated with a task (a "move file" task, for example), a reference to an array containing the paths will be returned.
- socket NUMBER
- The unique user socket number associated with a task (if any).
- start TIME
- The time (in platform-native time format) that a task was started.
- type TASK_TYPE
- The HTLC_TASK_XXX constant specifying the type of task. These constants
are defined in Net::Hotline::Constants, and include:
HTLC_TASK_KICK Disconnect a user. HTLC_TASK_LOGIN Log into server. HTLC_TASK_NEWS Get the news. HTLC_TASK_NEWS_POST Post to news. HTLC_TASK_FILE_DELETE Delete a file. HTLC_TASK_FILE_INFO Get file information. HTLC_TASK_FILE_LIST Get a file list. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MKDIR Create a new folder. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MOVE Move a file. HTLC_TASK_SEND_MSG Send a private message. HTLC_TASK_SET_INFO Set file information. HTLC_TASK_USER_INFO Get user information. HTLC_TASK_USER_LIST Get the userlist.
John C. Siracusa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright(c) 1999 by John Siracusa. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.