table of contents
Dpkg::Vendor - get access to some vendor specific information
The files in $Dpkg::CONFDIR/origins/ can provide information about various vendors who are providing Debian packages. Currently those files look like this:
Vendor: Debian Vendor-URL: https://www.debian.org/ Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org
If the vendor derives from another vendor, the file should document the relationship by listing the base distribution in the Parent field:
The file should be named according to the vendor name. The usual convention is to name the vendor file using the vendor name in all lowercase, but some variation is permitted. Namely, spaces are mapped to dashes ('-'), and the file can have the same casing as the Vendor field, or it can be capitalized.
- $dir = get_vendor_dir()
- Returns the current dpkg origins directory name, where the vendor files are stored.
- $fields = get_vendor_info($name)
- Returns a Dpkg::Control object with the information parsed from the corresponding vendor file in $Dpkg::CONFDIR/origins/. If $name is omitted, it will use $Dpkg::CONFDIR/origins/default which is supposed to be a symlink to the vendor of the currently installed operating system. Returns undef if there's no file for the given vendor.
- $name = get_vendor_file($name)
- Check if there's a file for the given vendor and returns its name.
- $name = get_current_vendor()
- Returns the name of the current vendor. If DEB_VENDOR is set, it uses that first, otherwise it falls back to parsing $Dpkg::CONFDIR/origins/default. If that file doesn't exist, it returns undef.
- $object = get_vendor_object($name)
- Return the Dpkg::Vendor::* object of the corresponding vendor. If $name is omitted, return the object of the current vendor. If no vendor can be identified, then return the Dpkg::Vendor::Default object.
- run_vendor_hook($hookid, @params)
- Run a hook implemented by the current vendor object.
Version 1.01 (dpkg 1.17.0)¶
New function: get_vendor_dir().
Version 1.00 (dpkg 1.16.1)¶
Mark the module as public.