|Config::Model::TkUI(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Config::Model::TkUI(3pm)|
Config::Model::TkUI - Tk GUI to edit config data through Config::Model
use Config::Model::TkUI; # init trace Log::Log4perl->easy_init($WARN); # create configuration instance my $model = Config::Model -> new ; my $inst = $model->instance (root_class_name => 'a_config_class', instance_name => 'test'); # Tk part my $mw = MainWindow-> new ; $mw->withdraw ; $mw->ConfigModelUI (-instance => $inst) ; MainLoop ;
This class provides a GUI for Config::Model.
With this class, Config::Model and an actual configuration model (like Config::Model::Xorg), you get a tool to edit configuration files (e.g. "/etc/X11/xorg.conf").
Left side tree¶
- Click on '+' and '-' boxes to open or close content
- Left-click on item to open a viewer widget.
- Double-click or hit "return" on any item to open an editor widget
- Use Ctrl-C to copy configuration data in an internal buffer
- Use Ctrl-V to copy configuration data from the internal buffer to the configuration tree. Beware, there's no "undo" operation.
- Before saving your modifications, you can review the change list with the menu entry "File -> show unsaved changes". This list is cleared after performing a "File -> save".
- Pasting cut buffer into:
- a leaf element will store the content of the buffer into the element.
- a list element will split the content of the buffer with /\n/ or /,/ and push the resulting array at the end of the list element.
- a hash element will use the content of the cut buffer to create a new key in the hash element.
Font size and big screens¶
Font type and size can be adjusted using menu: "Options -> Font" menu. This setup is saved in file "~/.cme/config/tkui.yml".
Hit "Ctrl-F" or use menu "Edit -> Search" to open a search widget at the bottom of the window.
Enter a keyword in the entry widget and click on "Next" button.
The keyword will be searched in the configuration tree, in element name, in element value and in documentation.
The right side of the widget is either a viewer or an editor. When clicking on store in the editor, the new data is stored in the tree represented on the left side of TkUI. The new data will be stored in the configuration file only when "File-"save> menu is invoked.
A wizard can be launched either with "File -> Wizard" menu entry or with "Run Wizard" button.
The wizard will scan the configuration tree and stop on all items flagged as important in the model. It will also stop on all erroneous items (mostly missing mandatory values).
Save modified data in configuration file. The callback function is called only if the save was done without error. The callback is called with $@ in case of failed save.
- add tabular view ? - expand the whole tree at once - add plug-in
mechanism so that dedicated widget
can be used for some config Class (Could be handy for
FEEDBACK and HELP wanted¶
This project needs feedback from its users. Please send your feedbacks, comments and ideas to the author.
- Look and feel of Perl/Tk interface can be improved
- A nicer logo (maybe a penguin with a wrench...) would be welcomed
- Config::Model could use a web interface
- May be also an interface based on Gtk or Wx for better integration in Desktop
- Config::Model, cme