|EditorInfo(3U)||InterViews Reference Manual||EditorInfo(3U)|
EditorInfo - stores information about an editor's contents
An EditorInfo object is a UMap that stores a list of strings and/or string tuples. Application-specific editors can use these objects to store information about what components, commands, and tools they incorporate in their interface. The programmer can write out this information with a catalog object and read it back in later. The application can then let the user change the editor's configuration by editing the catalog-generated file. For example, an EditorInfo object could have a list of names for tools in the editor's interface that have been saved with the catalog. When the application is restarted, the EditorInfo object can be read first, and then the catalog can reconstruct the tools given their names.
- Construct an EditorInfo instance.
- void Register(const char* name, const char* info = ``'')
- void UnregisterName(const char*)
- void UnregisterInfo(const char*)
- boolean Registered(const char* name)
- Register enters a name or name-info tuple into the EditorInfo object. UnregisterName removes an entry whose name string matches the given one, while UnregisterInfo removes an entry whose info string matches the given one. The Registered operation returns whether or not an entry with a matching name exists.
- const char* GetName(const char* info)
- const char* GetInfo(const char* name)
- Name-info tuple lookup operations. The GetName operation returns the name corresponding to a given info string, while the GetInfo operation returns the info string for a given name.
- const char* GetName(int index)
- const char* GetInfo(int index)
- Name or info strings can be accessed by an index that reflects the order in which they were registered. These operations return the name or info string for a given index.
Catalog(3U), Editor(3U), UMap(3U)
|30 July 1990||Unidraw|