|HNB(1)||General Commands Manual||HNB(1)|
hnb - Hierarchical notebook
hnb [file] [options] [command [command] .. ]
This manual page documents briefly the hnb hierarchical notebook.
hnb is an ncurses program to organize many kinds of data in one place, for example addresses, todo lists, ideas, book reviews or to store snippets of brainstorming, to make a structured packing list or just to take random notes. It can export ascii/html/latex/postscript, supports todo checkboxes, checkbox trees with percentages and searching.
hnb uses a simple ascii file for storing your notes. This file can be specified on the command line. If not specified, ~/.hnb is loaded (or created if missing).
hnb can be invoked with the following options:
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -v, --version
- Show version of program.
- -t, --tutorial
- Load the tutorial instead of a database.
- -rc <file>
- Load another config file than default.
- -ui <curses|cli>
- Specify user interface to use.
- Run commands in noninteractive mode (start hnb with the cli ui and type `help' to get more information).
- The default file for your notes. To use another, specify its name on the command line.
- The default configuration file. To load another config file than default, use the -rc command-line option.
For more information on the usage of the program, load the tutorial using hnb --tutorial and consult Documentation.hnb. On Debian systems you can read it with hnb /usr/share/doc/hnb/Documentation.hnb
hnb homepage: http://hnb.sourceforge.net
hnb was written by 0yvind Kolas <email@example.com>.
This manual page was written by Andras Bali <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
|May 15, 2001|