hmmlogo - produce a conservation logo graphic from a profile
hmmlogo [options] hmmfile
hmmlogo computes letter height and indel parameters that can be used to produce a profile HMM logo. This tool is essentially a command-line interface for much of the data underlying the Skylign logo server (skylign.org).
By default, hmmlogo prints out a table of per-position letter heights (dependent on the requested height method), then prints a table of per-position gap probabilities.
In a typical logo, the total height of a stack of letters for one position depends on the information content of the position, and that stack height is subdivided according to the emission probabilities of the letters of the alphabet.
- Help; print a brief reminder of command line usage and all available options.
- Total height = relative entropy (aka information content); all letters are given a positive height. (default)
- Total height = relative entropy (aka information content); only letters with above-background probability are given positive height.
- Total height = sums of scores of positive-scoring letters; letter height depends on the score of that letter at that position. Only letters with above-background probability (positive score) are given positive height. (Note that only letter height is meaningful - stack height has no inherent meaning).
- Don't print out the indel probability table.
See hmmer(1) for a master man page with a list of all the individual man pages for programs in the HMMER package.
For complete documentation, see the user guide that came with your HMMER distribution (Userguide.pdf); or see the HMMER web page (http://hmmer.org/).
Copyright (C) 2020 Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Freely distributed under the BSD open source license.
For additional information on copyright and licensing, see the file called COPYRIGHT in your HMMER source distribution, or see the HMMER web page (http://hmmer.org/).
|Nov 2020||HMMER 3.3.2|